The guidance that can be offered by the Virtual School to:
Young people embarking on further education
- Bursary. The Bursary Fund can help with costs, like equipment you might need for your course, lunch, and transport to and from your school or college. You could get a bursary of up to £1200 per year. The bursary is paid directly by your school, college, or training provider. They will decide how much and when it is paid.
- Additional support for learning. In-class support and extra tuition is available if required.
- Benefits of PEPs. PEPs provide a tailored plan that deals specifically with education, SMART targets, obstacles to learning, achievements, and pathways to future attainment and employment.
- Advice and guidance for university and higher education. The Virtual School can help with UCAS applications and guidance on use of UCAS website. They can also offer the opportunity to speak with care leaver student ambassadors.
- Listening to your views and pathways. Attendance at PEP meetings is important as they are student focused.
- Homework Club student mentors and university ambassadors. Attending Homework Club provides an opportunity to be both a mentor and mentee which can be added to your personal statement when completing university applications.
- Guidance to help support young people’s education
- Help with understanding courses and qualifications
- How carers can contribute to PEP meetings
- Help to encourage young people to achieve
- Help to encourage young people to achieve education
- Help to support young people’s hopes and aspirations
- Help to support the well-being of young people.
Are you unsure of career pathways? Have you considered an apprenticeship or an internship to further improve your employability skills? Do you need additional career advice? Or need advice to re-engage in your learning? If so, email us at email@example.com.
We can provide you with guidance through a meeting with our Greenwich careers advisor on request.
Our Care Leaver Local Offer can be found here RBG Care Leavers Local Offer